An old cattle byre was transformed into the warm and elegant Cafe Restaurant we have at Hall Farm today. Whether it is for breakfast, morning coffee, a light bite, a more leisurely 3 course lunch, or afternoon tea with a slice of homemade cake, there is something to suit everyone. Our happy bunch of merry men and women lead by Sarah Brass, will seat you inside or outside in the courtyard (during good weather), to enjoy our fabulous food and our breath-taking views over the Dedham Vale.
Children are very welcome and we have a full menu for our young diners. We are also able to adapt any of our dishes from the main menu to suit.
The kitchen is led by Head Chef Lee Morgan, who, along with his team, always creates a fantastic range of delicious dishes. We home bake and hand make everything we possibly can. Scones and bread are baked daily, and our cakes will make your mouth water! Our menu changes regularly, keeping in rhythm with the seasons and what local produce is available. Hall Farm beef, lamb and potatoes are also frequently listed, and cooked to perfection. We try to use products stocked in our brilliant Farm Shop, so you have the opportunity to take home a taste of Hall Farm too.
The Hall Farm animals, including ponies, sheep and highland cattle are in the paddocks around the house, surrounding the restaurant. They are most comical and interesting to watch! Non restaurant guests are welcome to view the animals from 4.00pm daily.
We try our utmost to facilitate large parties, please talk to any member of staff about your requirements. All bookings over 10 are subject to a deposit and tables will only be held for 20 minutes after the booked time unless we are contacted and informed that the party is running late.
Food Service Times
Monday – Friday
Breakfast: 9 – 11am
Lunch: 12 – 3pm
Light Menu: 11:30 – 4pm
Afternoon Tea: 3 – 5pm
Breakfast: 9 – 12noon
Brunch (including a selection from our breakfast menu): 12 – 3pm
Afternoon Tea: 3 – 5pm
Breakfast: 10 – 11am
Lunch: 12 – 3pm
Light Menu: 12 – 4pm
Afternoon Tea: 3 – 4pm
Booking is not essential but to avoid disappointment we advise you to call in advance and reserve a table.
- Full English Breakfast (Hall Farm sausages, grilled bacon, fried eggs, roasted tomato, mushroom, beans & toast). £9.95
- Grilled Pinney’s kipper with lemon & fresh bread. £7.95
- Veggie breakfast, Hash brown, roasted tomato, mushroom, beans, fried eggs & toast. £8.95
- Poached eggs and grilled bacon on toasted muffin. £6.95
- Pinney’s smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast. £8.95
- Bacon or sausage sandwich. £6.95
- Extra items. Bacon, sausage or homemade hash brown. £1.25
- Extra items. Tomato, mushroom, egg or homemade beans. £1.10
A la Carte
- Today’s soup with homemade bread £5.25
- Homemade chicken liver pate with apple and apricot chutney withtoasted homemade bread £6.95
- Grilled figs, goats cheese and candied walnuts on a dressed mixed leaf salad £6.95
- Roasted butternut squash salad with toasted seeds, cherry tomatoes, shaved red onion and a blue cheese dressing and crumbled stilton
For Main Course
- Local reared Sirloin steak, grilled tomato and mushroom, onion rings, homemade chips £17.95
- Pan fried Liver and bacon, mashed potato, gravy, onion rings £12.95
- Pan roasted Chicken supreme on a bed of Nicoise salad tossed with warm mid potatoes £13.95
- Adnams Lighthouse beer battered Haddock fillet, served with mushy peas, tartare sauce and hand cut £13.95 Child’s portion £7.95
- Beef burger in a seeded brioche bap with melted mozzarella, bacon, red onion, gherkins, mustard mayonnaise, baby gem and onion rings, served with hand cut chips and homemade burger sauce £13.95
- Roasted pepper, spinach and brie tart, with mid potatoes and dressed mixed leaves £11.95
- Chargrilled Barnsley chop on a tabbouleh cous cous salad, toasted almonds, harissa and yogurt £13.95
- Slow roasted pork belly, mash potato, apple salsa verde with a cider jus £13.95
- Blackberry rice pudding crème brulee with a bramble berry compote and shortbread biscuit £5.95
- A rich mocha mousse, white chocolate sauce and a hazelnut crumb £5.95
- Warm Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream £5.95
- Toffee apple cheesecake with a salted caramel sauce £5.95
- Selection of homemade ice creams £4.95
- Selection of European cheeses and biscuits £6.95
Something Lighter (available 11.30am until 4pm/Sundays 12pm until 4pm)
- Today’s soup with home baked bread £4.95
- Tomato and brie focaccia – Toasted focaccia filled with tomato and pepper compote, melted brie and a rocket pesto served with dressed mixed leaves and crisps £7.95. Add chips for £1.50
- Cajun Chicken Sourdough – Cajun spiced chicken breast layered upon iceberg lettuce, sliced plum vine tomato, shredded red onion and crispy streaky bacon, topped with Cajun mayonnaise served in a toasted sourdough, with handmade crisps and dressed mixed leaves £8.95. Add chips £1.50
- Hall Farm Salad – Bacon lardons, croutons, stilton, prawns and candied pecans, served with dressed leaves £6.95
- Mushroom Rarebit on Ciabatta -Capel St Mary mushrooms on toasted ciabatta with a melted stilton and ale rarebit served with a balsamic glaze and mixed leaves £6.95
- Hall Farm Ploughman’s Lunch – Snowdonia Black Bomber cheddar cheese or homemade chicken liver pate or smoked ham with homemade chutney, piccalilli and naked slaw, dressed salad and homemade bread £8.95
- Hall Farm Mixed Ploughman’s Lunch – Why not have a bit of everything? Snowdonia Black Bomber Cheddar cheese, homemade chicken liver pate and smoked ham with homemade chutney, piccalilli and naked slaw, dressed salad and homemade bread £9.95
- Homemade Big Beans on Toast – Butter beans, cannellini and sweet corn in a spiced tomato sauce, served on thick cut buttered toast £5.95. You can also add cheese for an extra £1.00
Other freshly made sandwiches available
Your choice of sandwich:
- Mature cheddar cheese and winter pickle OR smoked ham and Tiptree wholegrain mustard £6.95.
- Pinney’s smoked salmon and dill cream cheese £7.95.
All sandwiches are served with dressed mixed leaves and our homemade crisps. How about swapping crisps for chips on your sandwich for an extra £1.50
Afternoon Tea (available from 3.00pm until 5pm)
- Freshly made sandwich, homemade fruit scone served with Tiptree jam & clotted cream or slice of cake and a pot of tea £9.95
Cream Tea (available from 3.00pm until 5pm)
- Fruit scone served with Tiptree jam & clotted cream and a pot of tea £4.85
Savoury Tea (available from 3.00pm until 5pm)
- Freshly baked cheese scone served with butter and homemade piccalilli and a pot of tea £4.85
Homemade Cakes (available all day)
Please ask a member of waiting staff for today’s flavours of homemade cakes £ 3.50
- Fruit scone served with Tiptree jam & clotted cream £2.95
- Freshly baked cheese scone served with butter and homemade piccalilli £2.75
Chef Specials (Change Daily)
All our dishes are made to order from fresh local ingredients allowing us to do our best to adapt them to your requirements. Most dishes can be adapted to suit both children’s and individual’s dietary needs.