Shop, Butchers & Delicatessen
Our Shop is open 9.00am ~ 5.00pm Monday to Saturday and 10.00am ~ 4.00pm Sundays.
Our deli range expands weekly and at the last count we stocked well over 75 products. Our Dedham home baked ham, range of salamis, and Parma ham are sliced by trained members of staff to your requirements. We also have homemade (by the hands of our fantastic chefs in our restaurant) sausage rolls and pasties, scotch eggs, quiches, pate, coleslaw and much more. The quality is first class and the taste is sublime.
We also have fresh filled baguettes daily from our chefs, available for your convenience, so we can have that pack up, lunch or picnic ready in minutes.
Country Pies have been available from the deli since the first chiller was plugged in. Their quality and taste are renowned, and they are made locally at Capel St Mary, so their food miles are less than 5!
The shop offers a full range of quality products for your weekly shop, if there is something we don’t provide, let us know and we will see if we can source it.
- Home reared Beef and Lamb at our Butchers along with a full range of quality local meats
- Home grown potatoes
- An extensive range of fresh vegetables and fruit, local when available
- Daily deliveries of freshly baked bread
- Delicatessen and cheese counter
- Local, national and international beer, wine and cider and quality wines
- Free range Suffolk chicken, duck and quail eggs
- A selection of frozen vegetables, fruit, ice cream, desserts fish & more!
- Jams, chutneys, oils, juices, the list is endless
- A fantastic range of Cakes hand made by our own Chefs
- Gifts for him, her, them and you!
- Plants for your house and garden to smell, view and eat!
Our list could go on and on and on and on, so you need to visit us to find out what other delicious, fabulous and irresistible items we stock!
We have been with the same fruit and vegetable supplier from the start, and knowing us very well he ensures the quality and freshness of his produce meets our high standards. His service enables us to receive six deliveries a week incorporating three deliveries from local growers, providing us with fresh, low mileage, reduced carbon footprint produce. We also go direct to growers on our doorstep which includes apples, pears and juices from Ardleigh, raspberries and strawberries from Ardleigh, courgettes, pickling onions, sprouting broccoli and shallots from Langham, flowers from Mildenhall and many, many more throughout the different growing seasons. Availability is dependent on season and weather!
We have a large freezer selection from Field Fayre, which ranges from a variety of vegetables, fruit combinations, to pastry, garlic bread and Yorkshire Puddings. The Croissant, Pain au Chocolat and Pain an Raisin, which you just defrost and bake off yourself are just divine, and have been known to be passed off as homemade by some customers!
Our chicken, duck and quail eggs are all Free Range from Hoxne Suffolk and supplied by Alistair and Fiona Bryce of Havensfield Happy Hens.